189th Annual General Conference




This weekend marked the 189th annual General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  Since President Nelson’s first conference as president of the church, one year ago, we have experienced many changes including two-hour church. Anticipation and rumors thrived as we approached this year’s conference. What big changes and announcements would we hear? I heard rumors ranging from alterations to the Word of Wisdom to a portable temple on a cruise ship.

With conference passed and a few minutes to reflect, I believe we heard what the Lord wanted us to hear. No major changes were announced, but instead our leaders sincerely encouraged us to implement the principles from recently initiated programs. I personally felt encouraged to focus on the following items:

  • Make repentance part of my daily life
  • Make everyday a day for gospel learning and application so that church becomes a place to share experiences and insights
  • Make my home/apartment a holy place where I can feel the spirit
  • Prepare myself now to be a righteous husband and father and treat the women around me with respect and care
Other counsel included supporting church leaders and using our time wisely. I’m so grateful for the leaders of the church. I know that the church is the kingdom of God on the earth today. We are blessed to have prophets and apostles alive today. The most important thing we can do is focus our life on Jesus Christ.



Comments