BYU Dance Sport

This week, I was reminded of how fun it is to perform. I'm in a ballroom social dance class and we were encouraged to compete in Dancesport, a national competition that BYU hosts every year. It was my first time competing in dance and I loved it. I participated in the triple and west coast swing events. 

Ballroom dancing is a passion of mine that I discovered within the last year. Not only is it fun swinging to music but it teaches life principles and skills like self-confidence. It is a great way to meet friends and get outside of your comfort zone.

I was impressed and inspired by the major participants at Dancesport. BYU's dance program is one of the best in the nation and the students here are extremely talented. They show how Dance is both a sport and a form of art. BYU students who have any interest in dancing should take a dance class.  I've talked to many people who discovered a passion for ballroom dancing just because they decided to take one class. The classes are fun and require little time outside of class.

Comments