Learn to Love Learning


Hello blogging world! I'm pleased to start my first real blogging experience. My hope is to inspire and encourage my readers. I believe life is a gift from God so that we could have joy. Life is also challenging. We need to adapt to trials and endure heartache. 

This blog will be a canvas for my thoughts and experiences. I'm no expert at life but I have found meaning and purpose that has lifted me from my lowest moments. My goal is to be sincere and authentic. 

I thought I would share a little about myself to give you some context into my life. My name is Jake Witt. I am from Millcreek in Salt Lake City. I am the youngest of a family of four boys. In the warmer months, I love being outside to play sports, to spend time in nature, and to relax in the sun. In the winter, I enjoy skiing, watching movies and playing board games. My friend and family relationships are important to me and a source of happiness. I love music and dancing. I’m currently learning guitar and taking a ballroom dance class. I’m a student at BYU studying business and pursuing a degree in information systems.

My first short thought comes from church today. Our theme was “learning to love learning”. The following is a quote I like: "Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow."

This is important and it applies to all types of learning, not just acquiring intellectual knowledge. I think there is much to learn. We can learn from life experiences about what is right and wrong. My brother has reminded me for years to try to learn as much as I can from the people around me. Everyone is unique, and an attitude of what can I learn from other people rather than what can I teach other people, will help you win friends and find appreciation in difference.

Keep smiling,
Jake W.

Comments

Post a Comment